Calling 3-1-1
If you have any questions, feel free to email us
Have a non-emergency question that you think requires assistance from city government? Need
information about a city-sponsored event? Then it’s time to tap into Philly311, Philadelphia’s city
government’s non-emergency call center.

Dialing 311 in Philadelphia will connect you to city customer service representatives who will answer
your questions and transfer your service request to the relevant city department, tracking your
request until the problem is solved.

You can also connect to Philly311 by e-mail at The 311 system operates 24/7,
Monday through Sunday. The Philly311 website is

You can also go in person to Philly311’s walk-in center, located at Room 167 in City Hall, during
normal business hours. If you are calling from outside the city, dial (215) 686-8686 to contact

Remember: Philly311 is for non-emergencies.


•Any crimes in progress (or just occurred), especially if the suspect is still on the scene
•Serious violent crimes such as homicide, robbery, domestic violence and assault
•Fire/medical emergencies
•Gunshots or a person with a gun or other dangerous weapon
•Home/business intruders
•Vehicle crashes with personal injury, major property damage or traffic tie-ups
•Illegally parked cars that are blocking traffic
•If you see a criminal you know is wanted by the police

DIAL 3-1-1 for EVERYTHING ELSE, including:

•Information on city services, such as what to recycle, where is your local recreation center, how to    
obtain a business license
•Police/Fire Department phone numbers and addresses
•Information about court hearings and probation
•Noise complaints
•Trash pickup information
•Report abandoned cars
•City agency phone numbers, addresses and hours of operations
•Requests for city services